The Association of Friends of Olive Oil, FILAIOS, organizes—for the first time ever—the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition exclusively for the olive sector, in FOOD EXPO 2018.
Aiming at the development and upgrading of the olive sector through the introduction of innovation, sustainable development and pioneering entrepreneurship, the Association of Friends of Olive Oil
, FILAIOS, organizes the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition for the olive sector
, for the first time ever this year.
Proposals based on new technologies
Interested parties are required to submit proposals pertaining to innovative production ideas, based on new technologies, aiming at the improvement and development of the olive cultivation sector in all its fields, and pertaining to all stages of the olive oil production process until the final product reaches the consumer, including pressing, standardization, promotion, handling, distribution, environmental protection, marketing strategy, packaging materials, technological improvements, new uses of products, as well as any other phase of production or services developed around the olive sector. The deadline for submitting proposals expires on 15/2/2018.
The Competition’s Demo Day at the FOOD EXPO
The Competition’s Demo Day will take place on Sunday, March 12, at 10:00, at FoodExpo 2018, in Hall C2 of the Metropolitan Expo. During the Demo Day, there will be presentations of the proposals selected by the Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee
consists of experts, specialized scientists, entrepreneurs, representatives of professional organizations and social bodies, while any companies that are selected will enter the incubation program (1/4/2018-30/10/2018), i.e., the preparation process for the entry of the participants in the business community. Anyone participating in the event can take part in the voting.
FOOD EXPO 2018 • The 6-month incubation program includes:
- Coaching by prominent entrepreneurs and skilled leadership coaches
- Mentoring by successful entrepreneurs
- Education, in collaboration with Public Universities and Higher Education Establishments, as well as Private Colleges and Universities
- Seminars and workshops by prominent scientists
- Networking with the most important sector businesses in Greece
- Support in venture capital research with the aim of implementing the ideas and proposals of bidders
- The right to use the OLIVE CHALLENGE logo on their communication material and website
For detailed information, please visit the Competition website at:
contact us via telephone at +30 2103238315 or via email at
no later than March 8, 2018.